Farnell Ordering on-line

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Farnell Ordering on-line

Post by IslandPink »

Just spent about 2 hours trying to order two capacitors and a toroid from Farnell.
I've not quite given up, but I really can't think of anything more to try changing or editing on the order page . It just keep complaining there is an error and won't go through at the final ( commit to order ) stage .
Doesn't tell me what the problem is, though . Can't fix it if it won't tell me !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

Hmmm, I use Farnell regularly and don't usually have a problem, do you use IE?
Analogue, the lost world that lies between 0 and 1.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Make sure the total is more than their minimum on line order amount.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

That sounds familiar, reckon that could be it.

I had exactly this getting a couple of SS relays for Nick's power controller, had to be made up to 3 off or something to pass the minimum threshold.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

I think I had to add something to get over the minimum order, I know it was at about £25 when I was trying .
I gave up in the end and went to RS . I think Farnell were trying to tell me their items were too expensive and I should go elsewhere . I got an extra toriod for the same money I was trying to spend on Farnell ... although I couldn't get quite the choice of Caps from RS . On Farnell there were some amazing ( expensive ) Vishay ones with 12000 hrs and more lifetime . Not seen those before .

Thanks for the advice, logged for future ref next time .
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

At what point did it throw the error? Just did a test and got as far as 'Invoicing' where it asks for card details.

Already had and dealt wih the 'below £20' error.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by IslandPink »

Mike, it was the final step of the order when all the credit card stuff and addresses were already there, and I did have more than £20 , easily . I've still no idea what the error was .
JF-Audio
User

Post by JF-Audio »

Not sure what is going on on the U.K. site, but the U.S. site http://www.newark.com seems to work just fine for me. Newark is located in the same state that I live in, so delivery has traditionally been very quick. About a year ago,I did run into problems, but it turned out that a chrome extension, that I never knew I installed (maybe the kids did it), was messing with the cart code on their website and others.