picoreplayer

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#16 Re: picoreplayer

Post by The Stratmangler »

izzy wizzy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 pm What or where can I get the BBC plugin now? My old one stopped working a while ago and can't seem to find one.

Cheers,
Stephen
Go up a few posts :)
Summat about cutting & pasting repositories ....
Chris :happy3:
ed
retired

#17 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

ah ha...

I've got the contents of the radio menu back......somehow the plugin had got switched off....radio was in the list of plugins not activated so I ticked the box and it came back to life....

go figure.......

I didn't turn it off......see I told you there were undocumented features.......anyways, this little foible was not found on the interweb when I went searching so maybe I'm the only one that has this feature...if so it does make me feel important or is that ompotent
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#18 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Dave the bass »

You might be able to get a cream over the counter from the chemists if you're feeling a bit ompotent.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
ed
retired

#19 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

snigger

I meant impotent, can you get cream for that as well?

btw...have you ever noticed how familiar that road shown in the rear window is?
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Dave the bass »

OOo, I dunno, maybe you'd need to a professional of some kindabout that. I know a professional window cleaner if it helps...

Ha! I'm usually too busy listening to Captain Thunderpants to notice the view out the rear window. Top lyric hunting BTW :)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#21 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Mike H »

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Neal
Shed dweller

#22 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Neal »

By accident found out that airplaying to piecoreplayer from an iPad triggers something that’s causes it to play music slow when you switch back to iPeng.

Restarting squeezelite changes nothing but killing iPeng and reopening it fixes the issue
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
ed
retired

#23 classical one

Post by ed »

I've had a bit of a revalation on picoreplayer.
I had a worrying hour when I turned off the pi. I reloaded and my media library was empty. I did the panic thing and flapped about for a while and realised it wasn't mounting the NAS directory...and I couldn't get it to sort it...until I realised the active box wasn't ticked next to the mount choice in LMS set-up.

So, much releived I set about making sure everything else was ok...and discovered a streaming radio station..."classical one". I've been listening for a while...very varied tracks back to back no adverts..what's not to like!

I did a google and couldn't find anything about it at all, except it's part of radio net.

anybody else familiar with it?

also:..been using the 7" touch screen for about a month now....It's fantastic, should have done it ages ago. Just like SB classic but better, except for the remote. I'm still creeping up on a remote installation.
Max N
Old Hand

#24 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Max N »

I can’t believe I can’t figure this out for myself.......
I’ve had picoreplayer working fine for ages. I decided I would try plugging a spare hdmi monitor in and use it as a ‘now playing screen’. But for the life of me I can’t get it to work. What’s the magic chant?
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#25 Re: picoreplayer

Post by The Stratmangler »

Max N wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:22 pm I can’t believe I can’t figure this out for myself.......
I’ve had picoreplayer working fine for ages. I decided I would try plugging a spare hdmi monitor in and use it as a ‘now playing screen’. But for the life of me I can’t get it to work. What’s the magic chant?
Does it have something to do with Jivelite?
I haven't played with it myself, cos I haven't had/got the need to.
Chris :happy3:
Max N
Old Hand

#26 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Max N »

Hi Chris
I did try installing Jivelite, but the first screen that appears on the display asks you to choose a language, which confirmed in my mind that Jivelite was a control app not a display app. But I'm going to try it again and use a mouse to navigate through the Jivelite menus and see if it is happy to work without any control input once I've set some preferences.
I'll report back.....
ed
retired

#27 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

I'm scratching my head here Max....

I installed a 7" touch screen about 3 months ago, clicked the jivelite button on the picoreplayer menu and off it went....it always displays what's currently playing...

Not sure if I'd ever need a 2nd screen but appreciate I haven't tried so I'm not familiar with any features(bugs).
Max N
Old Hand

#28 Re: picoreplayer

Post by Max N »

Hi Ed
I have had another go with Jivelite and I can navigate through the initial ‘choose a language’ screen if I plug a mouse in. The stumbling block is that every time the rpi/pcp reboots, that screen reappears and I can’t get past it without a mouse. With a touch screen it wouldn’t be a problem.
Do you get that initial screen if you reboot?

I think I will go down the touch screen route anyway :D
ed
retired

#29 Re: picoreplayer

Post by ed »

Sorry Max I didn't realise you were working without a touch screen...my bad!

At boot mine displays the rainbow colours for a second or two then runs through the boot messages(loads of pretty colouted writing) and then displays the time(which is my screen saver when switched off)...all this without touching anything.

when I switch it on(touch the top left corner) the top menu appears.
as soon as I select what to play it scrolls the 'now playing info' and if it can find a sleeve image it displays that as well
if I'm listening to the radio most stations display a sleeve image(well paradise does and a few others)...the beeb tells you nothing
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#30 Re: picoreplayer

Post by simon »

Do I understand correctly, you just need a touch screen and to enable jivelite in PCP and then you've got a Touch equivalent? Does it need any configuration?

Sounds tempting.