Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

IslandPink wrote:

The average user must be doing a hell of a lot more vacuuming per year than I do :? .
Maybe not, but people like my wife probably boost the figures. She's got through more than twenty vacuum cleaners in as many years.
The Dysons have lasted the longest so far :)
Much to learn there is.
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Next thing the EU will be limiting how many watts our amps use?
I hope our vacuum will last me out.. We have enough spare belts to last a couple of lifetimes
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

I can see it coming - they will meet monitor our usage and tax us accordingly, all in the name of saving the planet..
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

At the gas forum we have picked up on this and all decided to buy a couple of Henrys' while they remain cheap.

We expect that as Henry is really for commercial use, he won't come within the scope, but who knows? Anyway it has been decided by consensus that once domestic vacs become useless anything semi domestic like a henry will at least double in price.

If they don't exhe,pt henry we will all have to buy chimney sweeps vacs at between £500 and £1,000.

It is an other ill advised beaurocratic decision. Like all of them, tax the little man.

The planet won't last 1 second longer, but the cost to the little man enormous.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

By the way, this isn't said to Dyson bash. Dyson's are not even in the same league as Henry for vacing out a gas appliance and a catchment space.

The whole vacs with bags loose suction thing is a mis-selling scandal. Dysons clog up with soot much faster than a Henry with a bag on.

I tried Dysons for my job, they are found wanting.

On the pro- Dyson side the man himself did a piece in the Telegraph complaining that the beaurocrats have it completely wrong. Even he says all vacs (presumably including his) will be pitiful under the new rules.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

Post by Ray P »

I suspect that, once all the wailing and gnashing of teeth subsides, this will see innovation and technological developments that will achieve similar performance to todays machines, probably fairly quickly, just as it has done in other areas.

In order to do so the companies will have to invest money and that will hit profit and shareholder dividends, hence the scare stories.

What's wrong with eking out a finite resource or minimising the impact of something anyway? Whether you subscribe to global warming or not is academic, it's simply sensible prudence.

Just my penn'orth

Ray
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Your right paul, ours has a bag and you cant move move it across the carpet without the power drive on, was really suprised when we got it
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Neal
Shed dweller

Post by Neal »

Dysons, Vax, Hoover et all will lose suction earlier because the filter system is more efficient. HEPA filters clog quickly and the suction drops off. If the filter system is inefficient like a bag vacuum cleaner it won't trap the finer particles and therefore won't clog up as easily. ;)
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by jack »

Nice LED art installation:

Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

nickds1 wrote:Nice LED art installation:
Bad dancin' though!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
thomas
Old Hand

Post by thomas »

Bad dancin' though!
You haven't seen mine.... :D
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Oh yes I have!

Your 50th parrrtay...., 'Disco Diva' 4 life :-)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
thomas
Old Hand

Post by thomas »

Oh yes! :oops: :oops:
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

steve s wrote:Next thing the EU will be limiting how many watts our amps use?
I hope our vacuum will last me out.. We have enough spare belts to last a couple of lifetimes
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/130591- ... martphones

It didn't take long ... amplifiers now
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

That has to be the end of class A amplifiers of any sort.

TBH I can't see domestic class A valve amplifiers even being legal in a few years time.
SE Musical instrument amplification will probably be exempt, but I think it may be sadly, the end for that particular technology.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.