Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#13471 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Moderna- Yankee stuff. I wonder . But someone here said something like,'...achey fluey awfulness is still hugely better than Covid....' and I still agree.

I've had a glorious week up in Northumberland. Fabulousness and Wow! What would we do without a) the Romans ;-) and b) beech trees in the Autumn?

Everyone up here has been friendly polite and generally lovely. There's been much more sunshine than I'd expect or perhaps, deserve. Folk up here tenaciously wear 'the mask'. I wonder how significant this is. I need statistics!

Home tomorrow: hurtle down the A1 and The Shire awaits. Couple of days work next week but Anna is in the soup on Friday. Aaaaarrrgggghhh.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13472 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Sunshine would be nice, it's dry here but mostly cloudy. Beeches in the autumn sun, that's what we all need.
andrew Ivimey wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:29 pm ..... but Anna is in the soup on Friday. Aaaaarrrgggghhh.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#13473 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Yeah that's appropriate!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13474 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:29 pm Moderna- Yankee stuff. I wonder . But someone here said something like,'...achey fluey awfulness is still hugely better than Covid....' and I still agree.
Much better today, practically back to normal. And, +1. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13475 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Shit happens. :)

Tesla drivers left unable to start their cars after outage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59357306

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Greg
Social outcast

#13476 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Greg »

pre65 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:23 am Shit happens. :)

Tesla drivers left unable to start their cars after outage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59357306

This is a non story about Tesla owners who do not follow Tesla instructions. The primary method of unlocking and starting a Tesla is with a key card. The App is an add on convenience. Tesla clearly state in the handbook that the key card should be carried by the driver at all times. If drivers fail to follow instructions and rely solely on the App, when it goes down, they only have themselves to blame.
Michael L
Old Hand

#13477 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Michael L »

There were more than a few smug EV drivers commenting on the fuel crisis with ice drivers being turned away from forecourts.
Bit silly though relying on a smartphone. On our two recent trips abroad we duplicated documents across both our iphones AND printed most things.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#13478 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

Impressive performance from ths technology demonstrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-59359263
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#13479 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

See it in action...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
shane
Social outcast

#13480 On the efficiency of trains.

Post by shane »

There’s a bloke I follow on Twitter who is a driver with Eurostar. He put a tweet up today which amazed me, so I thought it might be of interest:

“ Near Maidstone on the high-speed line just past the motorway services at Junction 8, there is a short cut-and-cover tunnel adjacent to the M20 which is a landmark and quite noticeable, about one mile past the services. If I shut off the power on a Continent-bound Eurostar here, at around 180 mph, I do not need to take any more power until I am over halfway through the English Channel in Eurotunnel. I also do not need to actively brake to meet the requirements of successive speed restrictions as I just naturally and gradually lose speed enough to comply with restrictions of speeds permitted by utilizing gradients and rolling resistance. However, to be fair, the cruise control will start braking the train as we go downhill in Eurotunnel merely to maintain the speed as otherwise the speed would go over the maximum permitted line speed of 160 km/h. I estimate the total distance of not taking any traction power at all to be round about 55 miles. If you started coasting in your car at Maidstone, it would be quite interesting to see how far you got :-)
Not a lot of people know that!”

55 miles!!!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13481 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Our Hull members beware of smoke, and close windows. :shock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-59405481
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
steve s
Shed dweller

#13482 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by steve s »

pre65 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:22 pm Our Hull members beware of smoke, and close windows. :shock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-59405481
That will hit the caravan trade hard, they make sinks, shower trays and plastic parts it's about 3 miles from me but it's a westerly wind so we're missing the smoke
I have a rented property about 1/4 mile from the fire , I think that's ok
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Ant
Shed dweller

#13483 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Currently puzzling through some records to bring to Owston

I keep thinking 'oh, that one would be a good one', then thinking 'those lot will hate it' :mrgreen:

Cant settle on anything at the moment
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13484 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

:D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#13485 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by simon »

Ant wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am I keep thinking 'oh, that one would be a good one', then thinking 'those lot will hate it' :mrgreen:
It doesn't bother anyone else Ant :wink: :lol: