Bulbs

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

From my newbie limited experience of 'fest's, I thought Witham gets it just about right.

Smaller room, rows of seats, comfy surroundings, space at the back to stand and chat, space at the front to set up and listen. Central location too. Cheap B+B round the corner and proper Beer and food (inc Veg) too.

Re- the 'at home' ideas....There's hardly anyone down here in kent playing with valves and knocking together TT's in the shed on WD/AT forums. I'm a larry-loner on that count.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Paul that last photo ticked me..

i know it not really one of your hook ups

its far too neat and safe looking...

Greg I would not mind travelling down to the bristol area.. maybe a little up the motorway would be ideal..

Nick has got a point about splitting up into groups
this last meet had us all together and seemed better for it...For the next time i like the idea of having one set up and swapping kit about

But I'll have a look around to see if there is any where we can use up north

we wasted a fair bit of time in the mornings waiting for every one to set up.. so we would be better placed to have a 'start' time and a 'loose' programe... with one system running

steve
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The 'slow start' wasn't a waste as we all that a lot of talktalktalktalkcatching up to do, and more. And I don't know how it can ever be perfect. Owston was really good; the room was good and once you'd sorted us into some sort of order things went smoothly. Witham is marvelluos in all the ways that Dave has mentioned but it is easy then to have too many people in a smallish room and more diofficult to set up smoothly. But restricting entrance so to speak is not the way to go.

Anyone is welcome to pop into mine in Beds but I was not really being serious that we should all deluge some unhappy one of us by roving round and if there are some of you who find it easier to meet because you live relatively close together then you are fortunate. I would hate ever to feel excluded by for example the Yorkshire folk (and I don't) and as Paul (I think) pointed out Yourkshire is actually a very big place.

So Owston is a big improvement on the power station and Witham has its strong point stoo. Lets carry on more or less as we are and see what happens. Did anyone come away from the 'do' feeling negative about it? I don't think so!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Thats true Andrew, Witham is small and we'd never fit all of EF4's peep and gear in. I'm hoping to do the next 'oop Norf' fest and natch Witham, sorry I couldn't do Owfest but summers just so lovely for skating all that 'crete just gets the better of me.

At EF and WF I thoroughly enjoyed the standing around talkingtalkingtalking-talk. At both events I've picked up so much info and help person to person, pity we all live so far away from one another really innit.

I've come away from both fests I've been to feeling inspired.

My fave dwinky hostelry in Dartford (Dartford Working Mens Club) has a perfectfunction room for a meeting, I think it'd be great for listening, low ceiling and furnished around the periphery plus seating for about 200, town centre location ('orrible town but it's home). Not to mention 11 hand pumps of ale...

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"