A vintage integrated for headphones

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ant
Shed dweller

#16 Re: A vintage integrated for headphones

Post by Ant »

Came across a completely opposite choice while idly browsing for 'vintage amplifier' on ebay, an arcam delta 60.
Switchable mm mc phono stage in it, which is interesting.

Anyone ever heard one? I kinda like the old delta range, the 1 prefix ones, not the 2 prefix ones which were all plasticky like the incoming plastic front alphas at the time.
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#17 Re: A vintage integrated for headphones

Post by vinylnvalves »

I know it’s not an integrated amp.. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-me ... d-amp.html

I have heard the power amp version of this which just uses lot of OP amps to get the output.
shane
Social outcast

#18 Re: A vintage integrated for headphones

Post by shane »

Ant wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:59 pm Came across a completely opposite choice while idly browsing for 'vintage amplifier' on ebay, an arcam delta 60.
Switchable mm mc phono stage in it, which is interesting.

Anyone ever heard one? I kinda like the old delta range, the 1 prefix ones, not the 2 prefix ones which were all plasticky like the incoming plastic front alphas at the time.
From what I remember, it’s basically a re-vamped A60. If you go down that route, I have the matching Delta tuner and Alpha CD player(in all its TDA1541 glory) sitting around doing nothing....
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.