The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#901 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

pre65 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:22 pm
steve s wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:10 pm
I pick a new one up on Saturday
What a bike... so easy to ride, I loved it.
My hi fi is on the back burner once more
Nice one Steve, I'm pleased for you. :)
Cheers Phil
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#902 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

I had too google ktm Super Duke 1290r 2021. Stripped back look I like. I can see why you like it. When I was top rider at A to Z couriers City office and Damon Hill road for West One I would have been at home on such a bike. The anti lock brakes would have saved me from quite a few face plants around London. Tarmac is as hard as a block of granite. We had no such technology. Congrats.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Michael L
Old Hand

#903 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Michael L »

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... 4a01175f4f

Does anyone dream about a bike they owned? If only I'd been able to afford to keep my '81 bevel 900ss Ducati when I was buying my first house. A nice investment to be sure.
Baggy Trousers
User

#904 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Michael L wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:31 pm https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... 4a01175f4f

Does anyone dream about a bike they owned? If only I'd been able to afford to keep my '81 bevel 900ss Ducati when I was buying my first house. A nice investment to be sure.
I had a Dahmer years ago but if I dreamt about it, it would be a nightmare. I enjoyed the bike but could not live with its unreliability and moved it on. But there was something a bit special about the bevels not found in the belt models. And I don't mean just bevels!
Last of the late brakers.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#905 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by IslandPink »

Ooh, Mike's been up to Peebles ...
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Nick
Site Admin

#906 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Nick »

And I don't mean just bevels!
Maybe you mean the shims to stop the bevel gears eating themself. And of course the box of shims you needed to set the valve clearance, but my Pantah needed those shims as well. Lucky the local bike shop (who was a Ducati dealer) had a box of them sorted by size they would let you take away as long as there was the same number of shims in the box when it came back.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#907 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Michael L wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:31 pm Does anyone dream about a bike they owned?
Yep, this, it was once mine...

Flippin' bonkers. It was awful, but now so valuable. I could buy a Norman Nippy and Sunbeam S8 now with the proceeds of selling it now and be much happier!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
steve s
Shed dweller

#908 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

Lovely dave, I once owned a kawasaki kr1s, equally bonkers, another bike I wish I'd kept.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#909 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

8) I liked those too, and the earlier KR1.
steve s
Shed dweller

#910 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

Couple of pics of my new bike
It's a bit quick.. maybe too quick
20210622_115601_copy_480x640.jpg
20210622_115601_copy_480x640.jpg (218.18 KiB) Viewed 3482 times
20210622_115615_copy_480x640.jpg
20210622_115615_copy_480x640.jpg (211.68 KiB) Viewed 3482 times
Paul Barker

#911 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Bad ass
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

#912 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Paul Barker »

Sometimes you’re friends have to ask you, which bike are you selling now you have yet another?
steve s
Shed dweller

#913 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by steve s »

Paul Barker wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:21 am Sometimes you’re friends have to ask you, which bike are you selling now you have yet another?
I part ex'd the bike I got last year for this one Paul. I only ride the new bikes, and I dont need any more than one new one.
The old ones get the odd ride around the block.
Baggy Trousers
User

#914 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Baggy Trousers »

Dave the bass wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:59 pm
Michael L wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:31 pm Does anyone dream about a bike they owned?

Flippin' bonkers. It was awful, but now so valuable. I could buy a Norman Nippy and Sunbeam S8 now with the proceeds of selling it now and be much happier!
The Norman Nippy I can understand, but are you serious about that dreadful BSA?
Last of the late brakers.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#915 Re: The Audio-Talk Motorcycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

Baggy Trousers wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:21 pm The Norman Nippy I can understand, but are you serious about that dreadful BSA?
Yup. Sunbeam S8, in shiny black please.

Apart from being overpriced, never successful, a complete flop, not fast or even any good in the 1st place... I can't see any negatives about them really.