Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14581 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

:lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14582 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Jean needs a set (3) of wiper blades for her Agila.

I searched for them on Ebay and found 3 different suppliers, as none of them had all 3 in stock. I chose Bosch as I prefer them.

It came to £18.84 for all 3 with free postage.

When I got the message from Ebay they quoted the total as £37.68 with an £18.84 discount.

Go figure. :?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#14583 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

A couple of historic aircraft that were flying at Dunkeswell airfield today.

This aircraft, a 1942 Boeing B75N1 Stearman was flying wing walkers

This one is a De Havilland DH.85 Leopard Moth from 1934.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14584 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Wow! :thumbright:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14585 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

I've just had a call from the couple who were our companions on Tuesdays coach trip, and one of them now has Covid.

I don't think he caught it on Tuesday but he may well have been spreading it. :shock:

I've done a test and I am negative, but I will think twice before mixing with the public for a day or so.

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14586 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

I was out the front, by the waver (pond) when I saw (and heard) what looked like three Spitfires fly overhead.

There might be something going on at Duxford ?

Edmund Burke

jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#14587 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

One for Ed probably - where can I get current UK daily average temperature for a postcode or area.

The Met Office CEDA data is only available up to some time last year, and I'd really like to get current data for roughly where I live.

Reason: I have graphed all my power usage since I installed & commissioned the Emporia system at our house (you can download series files of any of the data you want and with different granularities, i.e. seconds, minutes, hours, days, months...) - I'd like to include a plot of the daily temperature in the graphical representation..

The chart below is a daily kWh breakdown since it all started collecting properly on 22nd April, 2022. The important one for us is "House + GSHP" as that's what we pay for - the rest is recouped elsewhere. As it's daily data, it's very "noisy" but as we only have 3 months of data, the monthly data would be rather boring at the moment (and not tell me a lot).

Compared with 2 years ago, we have decreased our annual usage by 32.5% so far with no real pain, with much more to go.

Ta
2022-08-11 16_09_07-Electricity - Emporia chart.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (64-bit).png
2022-08-11 16_09_07-Electricity - Emporia chart.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (64-bit).png (111.42 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
ed
retired

#14588 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

jack wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:21 pm One for Ed probably - where can I get current UK daily average temperature for a postcode or area.
give me a town to begin with.

on the other hand, here's Staplehurst which may or may not be in your manor......but if you fiddle with the map shown I'm sure you'll find a personal weather station close to you.....
weather underground allows you to track a station daily, weekly, monthly etc so you should get what your looking for...if not, let me know and I'll dig deeper.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITONBR15

or this one in Horsmonden

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IKENHORS3
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#14589 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

ed wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:23 pm
jack wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:21 pm One for Ed probably - where can I get current UK daily average temperature for a postcode or area.
give me a town to begin with.

on the other hand, here's Staplehurst which may or may not be in your manor......but if you fiddle with the map shown I'm sure you'll find a personal weather station close to you.....
weather underground allows you to track a station daily, weekly, monthly etc so you should get what your looking for...if not, let me know and I'll dig deeper.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITONBR15

or this one in Horsmonden

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IKENHORS3
Ta. We're about 5 miles from Staplehurst and about 1 from Horsmonden (I had some hives on a orchard there - we can see it from our house - it's just the other side of the valley!)

Now all I need to do is to get the data!

EDIT: Those weather stations are EXPENSIVE!
ed
retired

#14590 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

EDIT: Those weather stations are EXPENSIVE!
I'm not sure what you're after now.....
do you want the data from Horsmonden or do you want your own weather station?

The data is available from the weatherunderground site but you'd have to assemble it by hand....

if you want the low down on your own station I can give you all you need to do on a budget....< £75 at a guess. I use fine offset mast hardware but there are others.

if you had your own station you could upload to a site like weather underground or upload to your own server. If you upload to your own server you can obviously interrogate to your hearts content....I use a mysql/maria db and interrogate with standard sql but there are so many ways to skin the cat

an example using fine offset mast hardware and esp32 upload hardware:
https://www.vitalstates.org/weather/weather.php
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#14591 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

There's wunderground stations all round here, so I probably won't do my own - too many projects already...

It's really interesting seeing what's out there - never knew this world existed!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14592 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Oh Nick - get with the scene, man ! :)

Meanwhile , been following this, Trump's problems get significantly worse, it's been a bad week.
First his appeal against the criminal case on the Southern District of New York Tax Evasion charges fails, and hence that is set to progress.

Then he has to come up to New York to testify on the Jan 6th committee, and takes the 5th amendment 440 times.

There's also the DoJ case on the election tampering effort in Georgia that is hotting up.

Meanwhile the FBI, having failed to get anywhere with a subpoena for additional documents ( after the 15 boxes that were returned in February ) thought to be at Mar el Lago, gets a warrant signed by Merrick Garland himself, and comes down and takes another 20 boxes.
He and his people (on media) challenge the FBI to justify what they've done, and publish the warrant.

The warrant and inventory from the search are published.
20 boxes taken, including documents that are Top Secret and a group that are 'Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalised' , possibly nuclear weapons information.
Nice review by Neil Katyal here -

"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#14593 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ray P »

I've been following the events around trump this week too, it's not looking good for him.

Mark, one observation, he took the 5th amendment when questioned about his dubious business practices, not the Jan 6th Committee - I don't believe he's been anywhere near the committee.

Anyway, this struck me as being a reasonable commentary on events over the last few days...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14594 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Ray P wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:34 am Mark, one observation, he took the 5th amendment when questioned about his dubious business practices, not the Jan 6th Committee - I don't believe he's been anywhere near the committee.
Thanks Ray you're right.
He certainly took that 5th amendment Bigly.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#14595 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

... 2nd degree attempted murder....

What does 1st degree attempted murder look like then!?!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.