WTF is this rubbish now!!?!?

Subjects that don't have their own home
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

Post by Scottmoose »

I believe that you will find everything you need to know about this product in the fourth paragraph:

"Plugged in, the Symphony radiates a small electromagnetic field into the environment. It's this 'wave', claim Quantum who manufacture the unit, which changes the performance of electrical appliances. Specifically, they state 'it affects the quality of electrical signals, including audio, video and mains, smoothing out random electrical noise and clarifying the information contained within electromagnetic signals and fields... up to a range of 15m.'"

Speaking purely for myself, I do not feel a burning desire to own a product that deliberately interferes with my equipment. That is, of course, assuming that the product does anything at all.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
tony b
User

#17 R A sym- phony

Post by tony b »

i was just about to purchase one of RAs symphonies plus the upgrade pack when i suddenly remembered peter belt,much cheaper and just as effective just place a piece of paper under a chair leg and hey presto, perfect sound.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

It's not as simple as that, although that does work, if you write on it with a pen "Sounds OK" it is even better, but if you use a Peter Belt pen it is better still, if you soak it in some sort of Belt fluid it is better more, it's impossible for these people to stop improving their stuff because if they did you'd stop spending and like the fortune telling Gypsy they hook you in and then empty your wallet, and when that is empty they get you into debt, until they are driving around in a four bye four. Quite an interesting parallel really, selling the vulnerable dreams and promises and not knowing when to stop because they have no conscience about you whatsoever.
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

Paul Barker wrote:Quite an interesting parallel really, selling the vulnerable dreams and promises and not knowing when to stop because they have no conscience about you whatsoever.
..and most of them actually pretend to be your friend and insist that they are doing YOU a favour and improving YOUR system and that they stand to gain very little.... Dealers are just as bad as manufacturers.... :x
©2020 Lee
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

Post by richardcooper2k »

the mercenary features of business. it feasts on and inflames the desire of the market. its job is to work out what you want to hear. and a part of ourselves will always be hypnotised by it. but we must resist. RESIST
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

That sorts it then. RA is a electronic Peg and Heather selling Romany. Commonly refered to elswhere as a TGB, which refers to a bit of dishonesty, linked to a bit of heritage coupled to a questionable family history.

Oh well, for the best sound and the holy grail and all that, we'll probably go anywhere which rather endorses his company.......if you want!
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

Post by richardcooper2k »

people don't realise when they create a company that they are going to have to protect it in a shifting market. often the protect and grow drive usurps the creative interest that was the initial impetus (asuming there was one). i have to agree it is a good thing to expose these unwholesome beasts for what they are. but it will always go on and is not personal so whytake it that way ? because it will always go on we need to recognise the danger signs. we usually learn this after we have been taken in a few times. holding onto resentment caused during this just gets in the way of your life. IMHO
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

I wholeheartedly agree. Always the best policy to get on with your life rather than poison your veigns with bitterness remorse and hatred.

In my trade(s) there are many people who have no thought for the householders situation and aim for the top price regardless,

Particularly driven by profit only motive are the sales machines springing up around the "green" age.

A great friend plumber who dies suddenly in his sleep last year spent 5 years fitting solar hot water. He said the hardest thing about the job was the sense of remourse on their faces when they realised they had paid far too much for it. In those days the companies must have been making 300% profit out of their victims.

I am really offended by the adverts which show a car being crushed because it isn't taxed. So are we saying that the revenue of just over a 100 quid a year is more important than the cost to the environment of producing another car? Such waste on such a scale is partied with an evangelistic drive to force householders to spend unnecessary money on more efficient heating whose true carbon footprint due to increased and unnecessary manufacturing costs (environmental) of scraping perfectly good heating systems in favour of one which uses less fuel.

The whole business has nothing to do with being truly green, but everything to do with politics, economics taxation revenue and corruption.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Greg wrote:most of us know that so we have a bit of fun with his material
Hi I have to agree with Greg
It seems most of Ra's clams don’t work I wander how RA would react if the main man of this forum wrote to RA and requested that all this forum members would like too road test this unit free of charge :shock: and report our finding back to him would RA be so ready to stand by his sale take I doubt it some how don’t you
:lol:
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

He must be quaking in his boots ImageImageImage