Volume Control

What people are working on at the moment
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Sorry to hear this Colin, I hope your money's safe or even better, they send the goods. I quite fancy one of these myself so I hope they get themselves sorted. Do keep us informed.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

When I emailed them originally it was to ask some questions regarding the units and for details how to install them and perhaps examples of previous builds.

Allowing for the 6-hr time difference Ron Welborne sent me a email reply same day answering all my questions and attaching a pdf of installation method. I did not at that time ask about shipping dates or whether the kits were in stock, I was also ignorant of the issues with the Company.

Yesterday after the poo hit the fan I emailed Ron of my intention to cancel the order unless he could give me a confirmed shipping date and that they would not transfer payment from my credit card until the goods were shipped. That email was sent in the morning. Ron has not yet replied, so I am a little concerned.

I also contacted my credit card company yesterday and expressed my concerns this transaction. Their response was to log my concern and ask I get back to them should Welborne Labs default on any the conditions laid out in my email of Intent to Cancel.

So as I see things they can still take payment for goods without getting back to me and the only way I'll know is next I get my CC statement or I phone the card Company again saying they have not replied to my email and I wish to put a stop on the transaction or pending them having already taken payment to do a charge back.

I'll give Ron Welborne the rest of today to reply and if he doesn't get back to me I'll contact my the bank to cancel or get my money back.

Fingers crossed hey?

Colin
Clive
Old Hand

Post by Clive »

Colin,

I hope you sort this out, you will one way or the other but it'll take a little time. Ron's been a good guy over the years, always a little too busy to respond like lightening but he's been fine. In the last year or so things have gone badly wrong, family reasons have been suggested. I'm optimistic that there's no malicious intent behind this but his business and customers are suffering because of something that's happening in his life.

He really ought to have someone run his business in this period or close it down whilst he sorts his problems out.

Clive
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Colin,

Small general tip. If you register to internet bank on your credit card, you can monitor transactions whenever you want and not have to wait for the monthly statement.

Best wishes,

Greg
Darren
Old Hand

Post by Darren »

Hi Colin, I've yet to make an order. But now I'm keen to know how you get on with yours?

Fingers crossed it will all be ok :roll:
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

I got this email reply from Ron Welborne last night so now I'm a little less concerned. It would seem, hopefully, he has now got his house back in order.
Hi Colin

Thanks for your orders.

We package the remote kit orders in batches. The next batch is scheduled to go out Thursday or Friday of next week.... possibly sooner if all goes well.

We will notify you when they ship.

Regards,

Ron

Welborne Labs

Colin :D
Clive
Old Hand

Post by Clive »

Hi Colin,

Is there any news about your order with Welborne Labs? I'm wanting to order from them, I see their website still says they are moving, hopefully they are getting things sorted out now.

Cheers,

Clive
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Hi Clive,

No good news I'm afraid.

The email I posted earlier in this thread from Ron Welborne in his order confirmation to me said the remote kit would be shipped latest 5th Oct if not sooner and said I would receive a confirmation when it was shipped.

Its now the 12th Oct and no word from them and they are not answering my emails.

Yesterday I sent an email requesting an answer within 24-hrs on shipment progess and a firm date. I said if he did not reply within this timeframe I would cancel my order and seek recompense from my Credit Card Company. It's now nearly 7.00pm Friday and he has not answered. So my recommedations to all here is DO NOT ORDER ANY KIT FROM WELBORNE LABS!

I'll give Ron until Monday to reply to outstanding emails and if he hasn't then I'll contact my CC company and if he has taken payment ask them to recover this to my account.

Colin
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Good news guys.

Today I have recieved email confirmation from Ron Welborne my remote volume kit is ready to ship and will go in today's post.

To be fair to Ron though he did request payment to my CC Company yesterday 15th October, as of 2.00pm UK time today he had not taken payment my account, even though my CC had sanctioned payment. So he would seem true to his word to only take payment when goods are shipped.

As a point of note for others wishing to order kit from Ron I suggest you use the following email address sales1@welbornelabs.com previously I was emailing Ron by replying to the automated order confirmation email address. Nothing unusual there I would have thought especially as Ron wrote my order should be ready for shipping by 5th Oct if not sooner.

So it would seem Ron is back on track with orders, unless someone out there has had different experience?

Regards

Colin
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Good news Colin, hopefully. I wait with much interest...
Darren
Old Hand

Post by Darren »

Excellent Colin, let me/us know when they turn up.

I'm still interested myself.

(I didn't get a reply btw)
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Good news guys.

My remote volume kit from Welborne Labs is with Parcel Force and will be delivered to my place of work tomorrow (wednesday 31st Oct).

Bad news is I got clobbered for Import Duty and VAT and a £13,50 clearance charge courtesy Parcel Force!!

I'll let you all know how the build progresses.

Colin
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

I recently bought some transformers from Dave Slagle, I 'happily' paid 17.5% VAT because its the law of the land but was astonished by the £13.50 fee that came with it!

Parcel Force's clearance costs are outrageous, even blummin FedEx are cheaper and they deliver much more quickly. My next parcel will not be with PF if I can help it.

cheers,

-- Andrew
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi-my output transformers were sent from Canada by Canada post but in the UK Parcelforce were the delivery agent and i too suffered the £13.50 Parcelforce Clearance fee.

Dont know how you would get round that ?

Seems to me that apart from North America i have never paid any VAT or customs charges.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Darren
Old Hand

Post by Darren »

Someone sent me a bearing recently for a service,

Import duty and clearance fee etc came to a nice £47.??.

I refused delivery, rang Parcel Force and explained this was not a purchase or import. Their responce was it didn't matter the fee was payable. If I disagreed I should take it up with the tax office.

I simply said, "just return it to the sender"

Oh, ok she replied as if it was a perfectly normal request.