Yorkshire Gang: Date for your Diary

Subjects that don't have their own home
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Toppsy wrote:Simon,

put me down on the attendees list, if there's still room. Can you accommodate my Acorn ESLs and gm70's?
Colin
I'd already got a space allocated just for them, glad to here you are willing to drag them across the hills into Yorkshire.

Simon C
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#17 Commutable

Post by Ray P »

How near to Leeds/Bradford are your Yorkshire gatherings. I've just seen that I can get a return flight from Exeter to Leeds/Bradford for about a tenner. I haven't checked the schedule but even with a stop over its not out of the question?

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Maybe a bit of a long way from the airport to Simons, but only about 15mil from me, so maybe we could work something out.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P

#19 Cheers

Post by Ray P »

Thanks Nick, maybe not for Simon's then but useful for a future gathering. It would be good to meet some of you and renew my acquaintance with Mr Barker.

Ray
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

How do you get flights that cheap Ray?
Ray P

#21 Cheap Flights

Post by Ray P »

Hi Paul, I've flown to Leeds/Bradford from Exeter before with work via FlyBe - we have some of our software written by a company in Rotherham.

I looked up flights for around Feb 23rd on the FlyBe sites ant it quoted me well under a fiver each way. Thats before the add ons of course but still pretty reasonable - with the taxes etc. its about £60 for the round trip, which is still probably less than I would have to pay for petrol if I drove up and without the effort.

Ray
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Nick wrote:Maybe a bit of a long way from the airport to Simons, but only about 15mil from me, so maybe we could work something out.
Hi Ray,

I'm even closer than Nick. Its about 4 miles to LBA from my house. I'll send you a PM with my address so you can googlemap it.
If you want to do it this way I can collect you very easily from the airport.

Simon C
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Oh, yes, maybe I should nave looked on the map first :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

Post by Scottmoose »

Hadn't see the thread until now for some reason, but if it's still on & you can cope with a lunatic, I'd love to come along. :^)
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Scottmoose wrote:Hadn't see the thread until now for some reason, but if it's still on & you can cope with a lunatic, I'd love to come along. :^)
Hi Scott,

You're more than welcome. I was going to give the thread a bump anyway to get it back on the radar for everyone.

Plenty of space left for anyone else who wants to come out to play.

Simon C
tony b
User

Post by tony b »

will try my best to be there
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

I haven't logged on here for a while but my boyfriend was asking for the url so popped on and it reminded me about this gathering 8)
Mo
Old Hand

Post by Mo »

Hi Simon, Just noticed your in Shipley, i'm in Leeds, if there's still any spaces i'd love to come along and bring Nicks Frugal Horns.
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Mo wrote:Hi Simon, Just noticed your in Shipley, i'm in Leeds, if there's still any spaces i'd love to come along and bring Nicks Frugal Horns.
Hi Mo,

Yep, still plenty of space for anyone who wants to come along. I'm looking forward to the frugel horns as I'm thinking about a pair myself to replace the KLS3's.

Simon C
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Hi Everyone,

I'll PM out directions and phone numbers tonight. Plenty of space left for anyone wanting to come along.
The vague plan so far is:

Turn up any time after 9am to suit yourself
Play until everyone gets bored
Go for beer & curry.

I'll provide lunch & afternoon snacks for everyone. (Simon: it will all be veggie so we don't have to survive the whole day on packets of S&V crisps like Owston :lol: )

Simon C