TeddyReg

What people are working on at the moment
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#1 TeddyReg

Post by izzy wizzy »

This is the schemo for the Super Teddy Reg which can be built for private use.

str.png
str.png (25.58 KiB) Viewed 1881 times

The jfets were 2sk363bl (shown as 2sk369) but are now unobtanium.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I could use to drive the D44H11 and as the current source?
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#2 Re: TeddyReg

Post by izzy wizzy »

Isn't it just the way. I look for ages and then post this and upon returning to google find 2n5484 in the Belleson cct which is almost identical and it's available. Oh well, maybe good info.

EDIT: However, upon simulation the performance is nowhere near as good as the 2SK369.

EDIT2: After trying a bunch of things, DN2540 is a fantastic fit in the LTSPICE model and available.
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: TeddyReg

Post by Nick »

Lsk170 would be my suggestion.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#4 Re: TeddyReg

Post by izzy wizzy »

Thanks Nick. LSK170 was also one that came up and it simmed well but I've struggled to find it easily available locally. Easy to get means Farnell or RS nowadays.

I've subbed LND150 for the CCS and DN2540 for the pass drivers and the sim says good things. Aim is to use something like this for the turntable motor.
Nick
Site Admin

#5 Re: TeddyReg

Post by Nick »

LSK170 was also one that came up and it simmed well but I've struggled to find it easily available locally.
I have a few that are out of the range I need for the phono stage I use them in you can have if you want.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.