D44H11

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#1 D44H11

Post by simon »

Anyone got a D44H11 (or D44H8) transistor they could spare? TO220 packages are out of stock everywhere it seems, except ebay and I don't really want to risk it.

It's for use as the pass element in a regulator. I'm using TTC004B instead but it's a plastic package and I'm struggling with voltage sag which I suspect is due to the much reduced max power rating of the Collector. I want to avoid a heatsink the size if a car.

Thanks.
Nick
Site Admin

#2 Re: D44H11

Post by Nick »

Looks like Cricklewood have some.

https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: D44H11

Post by pre65 »

How can you tell if any are non genuine ?

Search Ebay for UK only and there are a few to chose fron, or maybe Cricklewood Electronics ?

https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/ ... Q9EALw_wcB
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#4 Re: D44H11

Post by simon »

I'd seen Cricklewood - with postage it's a painful £9.60. It's not completely clear if they actually have any.

There are odd reports of fakes at the big boys, but ebay is awash. Don't need the grief tbh.
Nick
Site Admin

#5 Re: D44H11

Post by Nick »

I have always found Cricklewood to be be very good when it comes to old parts. I have only once had fake parts from them and they took them back immediately.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#6 Re: D44H11

Post by Nick »

It's for use as the pass element in a regulator. I'm using TTC004B instead but it's a plastic package and I'm struggling with voltage sag which I suspect is due to the much reduced max power rating of the Collector. I want to avoid a heatsink the size if a car.
Not sure it works like that anyway. The reduced power rating will alter what it can dissipate. Just adding a heatsink won't change the internal thermal resistance, but if you are getting reduced current, then I would look at the current gain hfe of the part.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#7 Re: D44H11

Post by simon »

I've never used Cricklewood so that's good to know.

I've had a quick look at datasheets but they look to be like comparing apples with pears, more looking needed.
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#8 Re: D44H11

Post by Tony Moore »

This is who I bought from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393964467187

They work, have not yet exploded and generally seem to be ok.

The seller has some negatives but it looks like that is mostly people (from EU) not getting their stuff quickly and bad communication, rather than selling fakes.