Road vehicle fires.

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

There are suggestions that the initial fire at Luton airport was caused by a Range Rover (sport ?) diesel hybrid.

This is based on the site of the initial burn being in approximately the position where the hybrid battery would be fitted, ie behind the LH front wheel area.

Also, there are suggestions that reports of other vehicle fires, like the one at Glasgow airport on 11th Oct 2023 are being supressed ?

Time will tell what really happened.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#2 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

1. Who is suggesting this? And Why?

2. Know what else is behind the front wheel area? That's right, the engine. Why would the battery be fitted there? A quick search found:
Battery. The 13kWh battery pack is about average for this size of SUV, and like most other car makers have done with their SUVs, Land Rover has installed the battery at the back of the car under the boot floor.
3. Again, who are making these suggestions?

It seems to be that, you are so far down the rabbit hole now that anything that doesn't fit your narrative is clear evidence of suppression. Anything that stores considerable amounts of chemical energy in a small space, be it a petrol tank, hydrogen tank or battery can pose a fire risk. Just who is saying otherwise?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:08 am

2. Know what else is behind the front wheel area? That's right, the engine. Why would the battery be fitted there? A quick search found:
Battery. The 13kWh battery pack is about average for this size of SUV, and like most other car makers have done with their SUVs, Land Rover has installed the battery at the back of the car under the boot floor.
Perhaps a quick search did not give the correct answer ?

Doing a more thorough search reveals the hybrid battery can be in several positions depending on the model and year.

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:28 am
Nick wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:08 am

Perhaps a quick search did not give the correct answer ?

Doing a more thorough search reveals the hybrid battery can be in several positions depending on the model and year.
Ok, provide your evidence then of:

1. Which model and year was involved in the fire, how you know, and where did you find that information from. "Someone said" is not a valid source.

2. Documentation from JLR for that model and year as to where the hybrid battery is, or maybe a Haynes manual, that sort of thing.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Nick
Site Admin

#5 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

Just another point for you to ignore, even if it was full EV that caused the fire. What is your point, as I said in the other thread, we know cars of all sorts catch fire. What was informative to me was that the fire brigade seem to have got it out without any self igniting EV's causing any problem. That seems to suggest either the EV's that were there didn't have the battery catch fire, or the problems of EV battery fires are now understood and dealt with.

So, given that all cars can catch fire, and the fire brigade know how to put them out. Just what is your point?
Nick
Site Admin

#6 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

Perhaps a quick search did not give the correct answer
That's a possibly informative line. What is the word correct doing there. Do you mean true as in conforming to reality, or do you mean correct as conforming to your intended narrative?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#7 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:41 am
Do you mean true as in conforming to reality,
Yes.

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#8 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:01 pm
Nick wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:41 am
Do you mean true as in conforming to reality,
Yes.
Ok, in that case I would be interested in the answers to the questions in post #4
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

I don't know, but I would imagine that the Luton airport car park had security cameras, so it should be easy to identify the Range Rover vehicle that was involved.

Then facts are involved vs speculation.

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#10 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

So, to be up front, your are not in any way being skeptical, and you don't it seems mean "as in conforming to reality" at all. You are just repeating what you have heard that conforms to what you believe to be true.
I don't know
I would have stopped there.
but I would imagine that the Luton airport car park had security cameras
So would I, and there was a image on the BBC site of of what was said to be the originator of the fire. It may be that the image shown was not the best they had, I don't know. But it would seem to be expected that in the case of a fire that the images would not be ideal, but I would hope that they had images from before the fire.
so it should be easy to identify the Range Rover vehicle that was involved.
If there was an image of the vehicle from before the fire started, then I agree that the number plate would be visible. So you are suggesting that someone has that information, but you are unable to verify if its correct?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

I'm suggesting that it is known what vehicle caused the conflagration, and for whatever reason that information has not been made public.

I don't know for certain, how could I ?

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#12 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:57 pm I'm suggesting that it is known what vehicle caused the conflagration, and for whatever reason that information has not been made public.
Well, from what I have seen on the news channels, it does seem to be know, no surprise there, and they all seem to be reporting a diesel Range Rover. So I don't understand just what information you think the public should have but hasn't. I would not expect them to release the number plate (for example), that would then lead directly to the owner and would not be in anybodies interest for that to be out there given the number of crazies about.
I don't know for certain, how could I
Well, the same way any of us know things for certain, we consider the evidence, and with regard to the nature of the claim we decide if its reasonable to believe the claim. But I don't tend to post speculating on things that "I don't know for certain".
steve s
Shed dweller

#13 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by steve s »

BBC News - Liverpool car park fire: Hundreds of burnt-out vehicles removed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-46290095

Back in 2017...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#14 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by pre65 »

steve s wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:53 pm BBC News - Liverpool car park fire: Hundreds of burnt-out vehicles removed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-46290095

Back in 2017...
Seems that was started by a Land Rover.(according to the report)

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#15 Re: Road vehicle fires.

Post by Nick »

I give up.